Slovak Citizenship Eligibility
Did you know that if you have Slovak ancestry, you might be eligible for Slovak citizenship and an EU passport? This means you can live, work and study in any of the 27 EU member countries with no restrictions.
How does it work?
You can apply to have your Slovak citizenship restored by proving your heritage and by satisfying eligibility criteria set by the Slovak government. Your application form needs to be accompanied by your ancestral and personal documents, translated into Slovak.
How do I know if I qualify?
Many people whose parents were born in Slovakia qualify for Slovak citizenship through descent. In essence you need to have at least one parent who:
- Was born in Slovakia before 1990. AND
- Was still a Slovak citizen at the time of your birth.
How can Polaron help me?
- We offer a free and confidential Discovery Call to check your eligibility.
- If you are eligible, we can provide you with a no-obligation quote.
- Should you decide to proceed with us, we provide you with linguistic, administrative and legal support and navigate through Slovakian regulations on your behalf.
Would you like to set up a time to talk about whether European citizenship makes sense for you and your family with one of our citizenship consultants?