Lithuanian Citizenship Eligibility
Did you know that if you have Lithuanian ancestry, you might be eligible for Lithuanian citizenship and an EU passport? This means you can live, work and study in any of the 27 EU member countries with no restrictions.
How does it work?
You can apply to have your Lithuanian citizenship restored by proving your heritage and by satisfying eligibility criteria set by the Lithuanian government. Your application form needs to be accompanied by your ancestral and personal documents, translated into Lithuanian.
How do I know if I qualify?
Many people whose parents, grandparents or great-grandparents were born in Lithuania qualify for Lithuanian citizenship through descent.
In essence you need to have at least one ancestor who:
- Was a citizen of Lithuania between 1918 and 1940; or
- Left Lithuania before 1990.
How can Polaron help me?
- We offer a free and confidential Discovery Call to check your eligibility.
- If you are eligible, we can provide you with a no-obligation quote.
- Should you decide to proceed with us, we provide you with linguistic, administrative and legal support and navigate through Lithuanian regulations on your behalf.
Would you like to set up a time to talk about whether European citizenship makes sense for you and your family with one of our citizenship consultants?