Getting your documents officially recognised by government agencies in Australia and abroad.


If you have an official document that you want to use in another country, you will need to put it through the process of legalisation. Official seals are placed on the relevant documents by an appropriate government body. This is so that they are recognised as legal documents in the country that they are intended for.

Documents that typically need to be legalised include vital records (such as birth, marriage and death certificates), court judgments and corporate records. Translations to be used abroad for official purposes also need to be legalised.

Countries that are signatories to the Hague Legalisation Convention require a seal called an Apostille to be placed on the documents. Countries not part of the Convention follow a procedure called authentication. This entails various authorities, including consulates confirming that the documents being submitted are authentic and comply with local regulations.

To ensure that your documents are officially recognised by government agencies, we map out and perform all the legalisation steps required for your documents to be recognised by any relevant authority anywhere in the world. Our legalisation expertise covers:

  • affidavits
  • Apostilles
  • authentications
  • consular certifications.