National Ageing and Aged Care Strategy for People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Backgrounds | Department of Social Services
A demanding field
Aged care is a demanding field, servicing one of the most vulnerable sectors of the Australian community. With a growing population of older people who do not speak English as their first language, it is essential that diverse communities are actively engaged in using existing services. This includes providing information in their preferred language.
The right tone
Our translators are specialised in the aged care sector and know the right tone that needs to be used for communicating with the elderly, the requirements of the government sector and the sensitivities related to working with diverse communities.
All of our interpreters are professionals who know how to deliver quality work and ensure strict confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Older people are not a homogeneous group, and cultural factors influence how some forms of abuse are viewed. Because the proportion of people with CALD backgrounds will increase in the older community, when responding to elder abuse, these factors are increasingly important to take into account.
It’s to your advantage
Polaron’s language experts can help you:
- comply with funding bodies’ requirements in terms of access of services by CALD communities;
- comply with mandatory diversity policies;
- increase the reach of your services;
- improve clients’ satisfaction;
- improve consistency of care through the creation of multilingual glossaries;
- reduce incidence of complaints caused by lack of communication because of language barriers;
- create best practice in the delivery of aged care services to diverse communities.
Our interpreters and translators are available in over 100 languages and dialects and are authorised to work within any Australian or overseas government agency. Let us show you the difference that professionalism, quality assurance and teamwork can make to your organisation’s reputation and business success.